Hey there! I’m Amanda, and most days you can find me curled up on the couch with my hubby, Brian and our favorite fur-child, Miley. She’s a long-haired, miniature dachshund and is just the cutest ever! I enjoy binge-watching shows like Bob’s Burgers, West World and Game of Thrones.
Making expecting mothers feel beautiful and empowered throughout their entire experience with me, is my absolute favorite part of my job as a portrait photographer. Being in front of the camera during a time when your body is going through so many changes, can be very intimidating, but I believe that my methods of artistic posing and collection of gorgeous gowns will make you look and feel your very best!
I enjoy serving families that value the special memories that accompany motherhood. My goal is that you will look back at these portraits and be reminded of how deeply you loved your child before you even met. Being able to share these memories with your child, as they grow, is truly invaluable to your family’s legacy.
I love being a storyteller and a filmmaker. I’m passionate about capturing those sweet moments, tears of joy, smiles, and pride that your loved ones have for you and your new baby. Some of my favorite moments are caught while filming families on a lazy Sunday afternoon. The simple, day-to-day moments are the most special and what you’ll want to remember, years from now. It’s the little details that make up who we are. It’s your story. Your family. Your love. Let’s capture it together.
If you’re still here…five things you probably don’t know about me:
1. I’ll take a nice tall glass of sweet tea, anytime or an iced vanilla latte, just in the morning.
2. I played drums in a band called Encrypted during my teen years. We played a lot of Weezer and Green Day covers.
3. I take pole fitness classes once a week. It’s a crazy good workout, and I love flying through the air and learning new poses.
4. I love tattoos! I’m always working on what I want to get next. It’s seriously addicting. My poor wallet…
5. Some of my favorite bands are: The Black Keys, The Decemberists, Civil Wars, The Lumineers, and I still love NSYNC always and forever 🙂
Associations & Training:
The Rising Tide Society – Akron Team Leader
1:1 Hands on Training with Sandra Hill Photography (February 2016)
Less is More – Mastering the minimalist style of Newborn Photography (Online course taught by Bethney Backhaus – September 2015)
Newborn Photography Bootcamp with Kelly Brown (1 month course – March 2015)
Newborn Posing | 2 day Workshop (November 2014) taught by Purely Newborn
Newborn Posing with Kelly Brown (Online Workshop – July 2014)